- Wordle is a viral new word puzzle game
- It’s modeled a little after Mastermind
- You have six guesses to try and guess a six letter word
- Every day a new word puzzle emerges for everyone to guess
- People post their guess results on social media
- Here’s a Wordle clone you can also play on your own
I originally saw Brent share a link to the Wordle game on Twitter but didn’t think much of it. Soon after I started to see the now common tweet from many folks on Twitter which shows your guesses to solve the puzzle. This feature that was later added as a social component was genius by giving people daily bragging rights and increase interest in the game. After seeing enough of these Wordle solves shared, I was prompted to give it a shot and immediately got hooked.
The rules are pretty simple
Every day a new puzzle is created with the same word for everyone to try and solve. If you solve it you are then presented with your ongoing stats over time.
It’s a fun and simple game that has gone pretty viral in a short time. You can learn more about its origins in this interview with its creator. If playing once a day isn’t enough or if you want to practice between daily games you can play this clone during that time.